So this is a better recipe for Sea Salt Ice Cream
- 2 eggs
- 1Separate the eggs into two good sized bowls.
- 2Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- 3Mix the egg yolks and sugar until thick.
- 4Slowly bring the milk to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- 5Pour the hot milk into yolk/sugar mixture and mix well.
- 6Pour milk/yolk/sugar mixture back into pot and heat on medium until thicker to make a custard (DON’T LET IT BOIL! also, if you can’t get it to a custard thickness,just get it as thick as you can).
- 7Pour custard in with beaten egg whites and mix well.
- 8Add sea salt (keep adding salt until it tastes salty sweet, but be careful not to add to much).
- 9Put mixture in fridge to cool.
- 10Once cool, add cream and vanilla .
- 11(Optional) Add 12 drops of blue coloring, and 3 drops of green coloring.
- 12Freeze, following your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- 13If you don’t have an ice cream maker pour mixture into 1 or 2 metal cake pans and set in freezer. Let sit until edges become firm, then remove and mix. Repeat until uniformly frozen.
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/sea-salt-ice-cream-177919#ixzz1hJhNekaw
((( Reblogging for future reference. )))